If you want to live up to your potential thoughout your lifetime, you must take care of your beautiful brain. Your brain and nervous system are absolutely amazing and should not be taken for granted.
Here are a few spectacular facts and health tips about your beautiful brain to ponder:
- Your brain consists of about 100 billion neurons.
- There are anywhere from 1,000 to 10,000 synapses for each neuron.
- There are no pain receptors in the brain, so the brain can feel no pain.
- There are 100,000 miles of blood vessels in the brain.
- Your brain needs cholesterol to function properly
- The human brain is the fattiest organ in the body and may consist of at least 60% fat.
- Neurons develop at the rate of 250,000 neurons per minute during early pregnancy.
- A newborn baby’s brain grows about three times its size in the first year.
- A stimulating environment for a child can make the difference between a 25% greater ability to learn and 25% less in an environment with little stimulation.
- Humans continue to make new neurons throughout life in response to mental activity.
- While awake, your brain generates between 10 and 23 watts of power, or enough energy to power a light bulb.
- Excessive stress has shown to “alter brain cells, brain structure and brain function”.
- Every time you recall a memory or have a new thought, you are creating a new connection in your brain.
Learning new things helps the brain’s response time.
- Laughing requires activity in five areas of the brain.
- The average number of thoughts that humans are believed to experience each day is 700,000.
- Albert Einstein’s brain was similar in size to other humans except in the region that is responsible for math and spatial perception. In that region, his brain was 35% wider than average.
- A brain thought to be 2000 years old was unearthed just recently at the University of York in northern England.
- Your brain communicates with every cell, tissue and organ in your body by way of the spinal cord and nervous system.
- Interference to this communication can be caused by spinal subluxations and affect your health on every level.
- Spinal subluxations can subtly or dramatically affect your brain function.
- Specific chiropractic adjustments correct subluxations and Lifestyle Care can help optimize the function of your nervous system.
Learn as much about your brain as possible and take care of your brain proactively as well as immediately after an injury.
In addition to good nutrition and exercise, chiropractic checkups can support the optimum function of your brain and nervous system and help you live your best life every day.
Take care of your body, your mind, and your spine. Your 100 is comming, you make the call!