Pork roast is often served for special occasions like holidays and celebrations. This Grilled Pork Roast with Fruit Compote is sure to turn any meal into a special occasion!
Yield: 12 Servings
Total Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
- 1 (4-pound) pork loin roast, boneless, trimmed and tied with kitchen string
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 apple, diced
- 1/2 cup red grapes, halved, seeds removed
- 12 dried apricots, sliced
- 16 dried figs, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Directions to Make Fruit Compote
In a saucepan, combine all ingredients and cook over medium heat, stirring, for about 25 minutes or until liquid is reduced to a quarter.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together fresh lemon juice, thyme, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper and rub the mixture over the pork.
Light one side of your grill and heat to 400°F, leaving the other side unlit; place the pork on the lit side and cover; grill for about 15 minutes per side or until golden brown.
Transfer the pork to the unlit side and cover; grill for about 45 minutes or until internal temperature reads 150°F.
Remove from heat and let stand for about 10 minutes before slicing. Serve Grilled Pork Roast with Fruit Compote – and enjoy!.
Nutritional Information per Serving
Calories: 461; Total Fat: 8.8 g; Net Carbs: 45.9 g; Dietary Fiber: 4.2 g; Sugars: 42.9 g; Protein: 45.4 g; Cholesterol: 122 mg; Sodium: 492 mg