Sex isn’t a comfortable subject for many people. But sex and longevity are intimately entwined. When you know the facts, you’ll want to get busy! Actually, there is a lot about sex and longevity you may not know.
Pleasure aside, there are many health benefits that come with sex. Here are just a few:
- Sex on the Brain! Yes, there was a study done on sexual activity and cognition. It ends up that having sex can improve your brain health, as it relates to memory and communication – at any age. Frequent sex was found to increase neuron growth in the hippocampus, the part of the brain that controls emotions and memory.
- As the saying goes, screw stress, have sex. Another study looked at the benefits of oxytocin released during sex. In addition to helping you sleep better, it actually counteracts the effects of cortisol, a main stress hormone.
- Do it with heart! A large study conducted by the New England Research Institute found that regular sexual activity may reduce heart disease risk.
- Fight the cold! The common cold, flu, and viruses are kept at bay when higher amounts of the antibody immunoglobulin A are present. It’s key to strengthening your immunity. A study found higher amounts of this antibody were present in people who had sex a couple of times a week.
- You look marvelous! The research says that you can look up to 7 years younger with regular sex.
Of course, there are plenty of other healthy longevity benefits to sex, but do you really need more?
Quality and Quantity
Without a doubt, based on just the number of studies presented here, science is very interested in sex and living longer. It’s a topic that impacts not only your quality of life – but quantity as well. It is as significant to your 100 Year Lifestyle as nutrition or relationships.
Undeniably, sex is both a cause and result of keeping your body running at 100% for 100 years or more. To keep being able to get busy, find a 100 Year Lifestyle provider near you today!