Organic chicken broth, like any other bone broth, is one of the healthiest foods you can consume. It is filled with so many necessary amino acids that are difficult to get from diet alone.
Chicken broth is extremely versatile and is used by many chefs to enhance the flavor of their food. It is so simple to make and the benefits are well worth the time and effort.
Always use organic chicken and vegetables.
- 5 lbs chicken bones. I use wings, back and feet (when I can find them)
- 4 carrots chopped in 1″ chunks
- 4 celery sticks chopped in 1″ chunks
- 1 1/2 medium white onion chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Tablespoon whole peppercorns
- 1 Tablespoon Himalayan salt
- 1 bunch parsley
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar (Optional)
- 20-22 cups cold filtered water
- Place all ingredients in a stock pot or slow cooker
- Add water
- Simmer on low heat for 24-24 hours
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Discard all solids and strain liquid through a fine mesh sieve or colander.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator over night
- Skim off fat from top and store in containers
- Use within a week or freeze up to 4 months. (The best way to store stock is in thick zip lock freezer bags or BPA free plastic containers)
Organic Chicken Broth is delicious anytime! Enjoy!
A note from The 100 Year Lifestyle:
Nutrition is a significant part of The 100 Year Lifestyle and we are honored to have authors such as Lisa Plasker share their knowledge and passion with us. Take care of your body, your mind, and your spine. Your 100 is comming, you make the call!