Yield: 3 Servings
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 cup diced potatoes
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- A pinch of red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 2 cups boiled yellow mung beans
- Spring onions and parsley to serve
- 1 avocado, sliced
Heat oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat.
Sauté chopped red onions, garlic, and ginger until fragrant; stir in potatoes and carrots and fry for about 10 minutes or until almost tender.
Stir in spices, mung beans, and a cup of water. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Add in spinach and let cook for about 2 minutes and then remove from heat. Stir in fresh lemon juice and serve topped with avocado slices, garnished with chopped spring onions and parsley.
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Calories: 366; Total Fat: 17.9 g; Carbs: 44.9 g; Dietary Fiber: 15 g; Sugars: 5.5 g; Protein: 10.9 g; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Sodium: 506 mg