CCF tea is an acronym for cumin, coriander, and fennel seeds. This combination not only tastes delicious, but aids in digestion and enhances your immunity. It’s the perfect winter time tea. Add it into your daily wellness routine and you will feel the difference!
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 4-5 cups water
Heat the water in a stainless-steel pot over high heat. Add the seeds. Allow the tea to boil for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the preferred strength. Strain out the seeds, place in an insulated thermos, and sip throughout the day!
According to Ayurveda, let’s look at each of these herbs to further understand some of the benefits of this tea.
- Stimulates digestive fire
- Decreases gas
- Helps with indigestion
- Flushes out toxic waste
- Relieves congestion
- Contains antioxidants and iron
- Soothes inflamed mucous membranes
- Improves elimination
- Improves digestion
- Relieves gas
- Helps with many pitta disorders, especially urinary or digestive
- Increases digestion and absorption
- Treats intestinal disorders
- Aids indigestion
- Calms muscle spasms
- Reduces inflammation—even shown to help with rheumatoid arthritis
- One of the best herbs for strengthening your digestive fire
- Stops cramping
- Increases mental alertness
- Promotes breast milk flow
- Helps with IBS
- Relaxes the digestive tract
- Alleviates gas and indigestion
- Increases the burning of fat
- Moves lymph
If you haven’t discovered the delicious health benefits of tea, now is the time to start! Sipping CCF tea (hot or cold) will keep you healthy and happy all day long!